Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:10:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Lynn <klynn@santacruz.org>
To:        Dominik Brettnacher <domi@saargate.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP Accounting

If you don't want the overhead of routing through another system I'd
suggest that you have a look at Network Flight Recorder (NFR) from
www.nfr.com.

They have a trial version to be used non-commercially (read their text on
what's commercial.. it'll surprise you) and their commercial version which
is actually faster due to some changes to the way they sniff packets (they
make bpf a slurping speed daemon)..

The noncommercial version has been tested and shown to run up to 45Mbit by
anzen consulting (i think that's them) and the commercial version up to
80Mbit (if I remember right)..

Kevin