Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:35:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.ipaustralia.gov.au>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        <bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Whence Stallion support for -Stable?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Gregory Bond wrote:

> The driver for Stallion multiport cards in 4-Stable is quite old.  It doesn't
> support many of the newer cards, in particular the EasyIO-PCI card, nor any
> card manufactured since about 1998, which have a newer and unsupported UART
> chip.

I had a similar discussion with Mike Smith and Dima Ruban.  Dima
volunteered to maintain the code if someone else developed it.  Mike
volunterred to write the code if someone would send him the cards.  That
appears to be where it stalled.

> I am willing (and I hope able!) to provide a jumbo patch to tie all these
> pieces together and update this driver in a manner that should be easy for a
> comitter to commit to -Stable.

I can help there.  I have an OnBoard and a E64/PCI that I can test against
and I'm happy to trial code on both machines that have those cards
installed.

The Stallion code has rotted so badly in 4.x-STABLE that 4.3-RELEASE no
longer detects my OnBoard even though it was detected fine in 4.1. :(

Carl.