Date:      Fri, 27 May 2011 16:57:51 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ramu Chakravadhanula <boys21century@gmail.com>, "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Subject:   Supplementing 2.3 Pre-installation Tasks & 2.6 Allocating Disk Space

Hi Doc developers
Ramu Chakravadhanula <boys21century@gmail.com>	(cc'd)
asked on
	<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
here
	http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?BANLkTinQ0Y-wKWJ7RZrqH08HUVQuVv_Mbg
for help installing FreeBSD as a 2nd OS after another OS already installed.

A frequent desire, not so well covered in docs.
I wrote a new page
	How To Install BSD On A PC With Another OS Already Present
	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/txt/install_bsd.html
& linked it to freebsd.org pages for
	2.3 Pre-installation Tasks
	2.6 Allocating Disk Space

Ramu kindly wrote he found it useful, so would you consider:
	Linking to it ?, Or
	Absorbing material from it into your other pages ?

I'll later improve it,
& add a section re. ntfsresize for emigrants from MS/XP/W7.

I did not send a send-pr, as I guess its better to discuss how/ where
etc.  PS I'm not sub'ed to this list (just to about 30 other FreeBSD
lists though ;-) ) , so if you will, leave me on CC line. Thanks.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  indent with "> ";  cumulative like a play script.