Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:02:41 -0400
From:      Roberto de Iriarte <roberto@spock.cl>
To:        Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   DAC 960 Tools

The required utilities for the DAC960 can still be had, yet they are
difficult to find

The firmware update has never worked for me on the Alpha, better use a
PC for
that (Make sure to update to v 2.73 and nothing newer, even on dual
eeprom controllers)

For all the alpha goodies, see

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/alphant/drivers/index.html

You want this (The configuration utility)

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/alphant/m-arcapp.zip

Place it's content on an ms-dos formatted floppy and run from the srm

If you need any help, let me know, either privately or via the list.

For the firmware, see

http://www.lsilogic.com/products/stor_prod/raid/legacy_dac960.html

in particular, you want (x86 binary!)

http://www.lsilogic.com/techlib/marketing_docs/storage_stand_prod/raid/gam/fwpl273.exe