Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 17:31:25 -0600 ()
From:      Jimbo Bahooli <moke@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible solution to upgrade problems...

	I do not know if this has already been suggested, or what not but
here it goes.  I would suggest something like the ports section for
upgrades to -RELEASE systems.  That way the branch could die but relevant
fixes could still be released.

A possible setup would be like this, lets say 2.2-RELEASE comes out and is
bundled with sendmail 8.8.10. Yet three days later there is a bug found in
it. Any 2.2-RELEASE user could then go to /pub/FreeBSD/upgrades-2.2/sendmail
download it, it would be similar to a port in structure, then just make
it.