Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 2015 12:47:31 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        pkg <pkg@freebsd.org>, "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Share your pkg aliases

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For pkg 1.5.0 we do plan to provide a default pkg.conf full of useful
> aliases,
> of course this is subjective, if you think you have added some useful
> aliases
> into your pkg.conf please share those so we can add them directly into the
> next
> release.

I notice that there is a /usr/local/etc/bash_completion.d/_pkg.bash file
which implements tab completion
for pkg commands.  Is there a way to make this file get picked up
by default when ports-mgmt/pkg is installed,
instead of having to edit .bashrc?

It's a minor thing, but tab completions are really nice for usability.
bash shell users can use this, but zsh also has a way to read bash
completion scripts.

--
Craig