Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 14:21:15 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Russ Panula <rpanula@dacmail.net>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scrypt vs. descrypt

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Russ Panula wrote:

> Quick, probably easy question here:
>
> What's the difference between the 'scrypt' library and the 'descrypt'
> library?  I'm assuming one's exportable and one's not...

scrypt contains a crypt() function which only does MD5 passwords.
descrypt contains a crypt() function which does DES and MD5 passwords,
and contains goodies for encrypting data.  descrypt is not to be exported
outside the USA, even if you got it from somewhere else.

If you are outside the USA, you can get descrypt from
ftp.internat.freebsd.org.

Danny