Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:06:34 +0100
From:      Joacim Melin <listor@melin.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software raid on Sparc64

I created the raid, did a dump from my current root (/dev/ad0) to the
second drive /dev/ad1). I then take it that the box would start from /
dev/ad1 so I could put /dev/ad0 into the raid with gmirror but it
just rebooted to /dev/ad0 and the raid, /dev/mirror/gm0, was gone.

I have a system installed on /dev/ad0 already. I found one howto
where you could break out of the install phase and do the gmirror
thing but since this box (Netra X1) is headless and only operated via
a serial connection I haven't found out how to make that happen.

Joacim