Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 06:11:02 +0000
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Testing of MSP3400C NICAM Stereo support for Bt848/Bt878 cards please

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 02:58:25PM +0000, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> I have now worked the MSP3400 audio support into the Bt848 driver.
> It only supports 3410D and 3415D devices at this time. Not the
> original 3400C, but NICAM stero decoding and mono audio work.

Thanks.

I've tried the new code under 4.0-current.

I get:

Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL tuner, msp3400c stereo.
Detected a MSP3410D-B4

which is promising.

Unfortunately, I get much the same results as with the standard 4.0-current
driver, ie:

* xmradio gives perfect sound.

* fxtv gives no sound, unless I select "mute", when I may get sound of a
  gruesome quality, or just noise.

--
Adrian Wontroba