Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:42:42 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   new bktr driver 2.08. please can you test it

Hi all,
I've made a few changes to the bktr driver and want to commit
the code once FreeBSD 4.0's code feeze is over in a few days time.

Can some of you download and test the new code.

Main changes.
1) PAL users and Teletext. You can once again start FXTV and Alevt in
any
order. The old alvet first, fxtv 2nd dependancy has gone.

2) New MSP34xx code added. To use it you need to do
  sysctl -w hw.bt848.bt848_slow_audio=1
to enable the new MSP code.

3) support cable channels > 100

The driver can be downloaed via
http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/bt848

Look for the snapshots test driver section.
The driver works on FreeBSD 3.x and 4.x
The problems with access to my site due to our new firewall have
all been fixed.

Thanks
Roger