Date:      13 Feb 1997 15:14:12 +0000
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, terry@lambert.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MIME applications for FreeBSD

jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby) writes:

> Absolutely!  Although figuring out the lowest common denomintor for, e.g.
> rich text, often leads to all sorts of oddities.  For example, I just
> received a price quote for a Micron PC by E-Mail, in of all things,
> UUENCODED RTF format!  As I happily uudecoded it, and imported it into
> WordPerfect 6.0 for UNIX on my SPARCstation, I couldn't help but wonder

All my mail in work that comes from Groupwise accounts i.e. most of
it, arrives as uuencoded wp files. I think Groupwise does the
uuencoding at some point, possibly at the smtp gateway although it may
do it for all mail and transparently uudecodes it upon receipt. I stay
away from the internal mechanics of groupwise whenever possible :-)

--
  Dr Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.  (Netcraft Ltd. contractor)
  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk