Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:37:25 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek CDROM has a new look!

>From The Desk Of Jake Hamby :
> On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Howard Goldstein wrote:
>
> > Agreed, that would present a confusing look.  How about this ordering:
> >
> > FreeBSD
> > FreeBSD Snapshot
> > Installing and Running FreeBSD
> > Linux
> > Linux Complete Reference
> > Linux Toolkit
> >

> > That's a bit less confusing with the bonus of alphabetization for the anall
> > retentive amongst us :-)
>
> I vote for this ordering too!  Walnut Creek should be emphasizing FreeBSD
> anyway, because:
>
> 1) Walnut Creek uses FreeBSD for their own Web/FTP servers
> 2) Walnut Creek is the primary distributor of FreeBSD
> 3) There are other, more popular distributions of Linux than what Walnut
>    Creek sells
>
> But to be fair, maybe there should be two links:
>
> FreeBSD
> Linux
>
> Each one could point to a separate page discussing the resources available
> for that operating system.
>
> > --
> > Howard Goldstein   <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
>
> --
> Jake Hamby

Well to be completly fair the listing should be like:

FreeBSD
FreeBSD Snapshot
Installing and Running FreeBSD
linux

linux should be in a tiny font size -- the smaller the better 8)

Is just that when Linux is mentioned first it may give the impression
that Walnut Creek is running Linux and I can easily see "wild crazed
linux fanatics" claiming that walnut creek main ftp and web server
is running linux.

"Get FreeBSD right here. The OS which allows 1001 connections to this WebSite"

	Amancio