Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 09:50:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why so many steps to build new kernel?

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > We know, and have for a long time, about Linux's curses and X based
> > kernel configurators.  Who's going to do the work of implementing
> > something similar?  *That's* been the big mystery up until now. :)
> And more to the point, why would you want to?  Linux's make config is an
> abomination.

all you really want is a tk-style interface to build config files. You
don't want any of the other linux hideousness. I think that's what jordan
meant. I use both systems for kernels and believe me i prefer the bsd
style, even lacking the cute graphical interface. Much better than the
linux style.

ron