Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:09:03 -0800
From:      "vizion communication" <vizion@ixpres.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation of FreeBSD on Compaq 5500R Quad processor system

Hi

I am making a choice between Linux and FreeBSD for this
system. I prefer using FreeBSD because I am familiar with it
and have a number of other servers running FreeBSD and but
none on Linux. Compaq's web site offers support for Linux
and I wonder if anyone as any experience of the compaq quad
processor hardware under FreeBSD and has any advice to
offer. The system includes the raid.

All advice welcome

Thanks

David