Date:      Sat, 8 May 2010 20:24:17 +0100
From:      Andrew Brampton <brampton+freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        rihad <rihad@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enabling watchdog

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM, rihad <rihad@mail.ru> wrote:
> Hi, I'm thinking of enabling the watchdog on our Dell PowerEdge 2950 /
> FreeBSD 8.0 amd64, so that it reboots the machine in case of lockups.
> Right now it doesn't work:

I installed watchdogd on a few 8-core Dell PowerEdge 1950, which I
assume are similar to the 2950s. I wrote about how to do this on my
blog[1] last year.

However, something in the last couple of months has broken watchdog
and my machines causing them to regularly lock up. I'm unsure what has
changed, and I didn't have time to investigate so I just turned it off
and everything is now fine.

Andrew

[1] http://bramp.net/blog/freebsd-software-watchdog