Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 14:22:56 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   yggdrasil plug and play and ISDN

I bought a Linux YGGDRASIL package yesterday (Summer 94 edition - dunno
if the one being discussed under the "guest account yygdrasil" subject
in this list recently is a newer version) and tried to "plug and play".

It behaved a bit oddly with respect to scsi detecting (it claimed to
have found 2 scsi hosts but I actually only had a AH1542CF) and the installationgot hung. I inserted a PAS 16 and then the installation was able to continue.

Also the X setup wasn't terribly smooth.

The thing that was actually electrifying me was something like
isdn_init()
diehl_init()

in the autodetect section.

It looks like they have ISDN drivers and appropriate protocol stacks.

--Chris  Christoph P. U. Kukulies    kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
FreeBSD 2.0.1-Development #0: Wed Nov  2 23:00:17  1994
    root@mvx1b1:/usr/src/sys/compile/JAZZ