Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:31:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   conf/34443:

>Number:         34443
>Category:       conf
>Synopsis:
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD pcle2.cc.univie.ac.at 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Tue Dec 11 14:31:33 CET 2001 le@pcle2.cc.univie.ac.at:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL i386

The FreeBSD documentation (handbook, FAQ, etc.) gets installed into
/usr/share/doc per default. One can update this documentation via cvsup.
If you use "DOCSUPFILE=/usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile" in
/etc/make.conf and just change the SUPHOST, the updates don't go into
/usr/share/doc but into /usr/doc, since "*default prefix=/usr" is set in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile.

I think it would be better to set "*default prefix=/usr/share" in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile.

>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

Change "*default prefix=/usr" to "*default prefix=/usr/share" in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile.

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
 Synopsis: cvsupping doc-all puts files into /usr/doc instead of /usr/share/doc per default.