Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:54:00 -0400
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: driving Soundblaster AWE64

On Jun 04, Conrad Sabatier wrote:

> On 04-Jun-2004 Jan Stary wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > after using the SB AWE64 under Linux/ALSA for some time,
> > I put it into my BSD box a have it working via pcm/sbc/sb16.
> >
> > However, in the ALSA times, I was able to tweak the tiny
> > details of that particular card (such as turning off the
> > '3D sound effect') via ALSA conf files. Is it possible to
> > set these somehow under the pcm/sbc/sb16 driver?
>
> No, not that I'm aware of at present.
>
> Matt, our new MIDI maintainer, is about to incorporate a whole new MIDI
> subsystem Real Soon Now, which may or may not offer more functionality than we
> currently have.  I don't know if the new MIDI stuff will expand basic sound
> features as well; we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
>
> Or maybe Matt will comment here?  :-)

	Hi All,

	[It's Mat With One T].

	MIDI is independent of sound.

	Should someone show me some registers that can be tweaked to
to enable/disable features.  I'll add sysctl hooks for them.

	--Mat

--
	(on the United States) Living next to you is in some ways
	like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and