Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 12:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS cache?

I agreed in a moment of weakness to take over a small mailing list
(about 200 names), using majordomo.  Outgoing mail to the list is
rather slow (it takes maybe 20-30 minutes) and I've heard about
running a "DNS cache" to speed things up.  I suppose this works
by recording the ip addresses associated with the domains when they
are acquired from (in this case) Stanford's DNS server, so they
can be looked up locally.  Is there a software package for this?

This machine has FreeBSD 2.2.1 installed on it; it's just a
Pentium 90 with 32 megs ram, but I think it could do better than
it's been doing....I found bulk_mailer and installed it but haven't
yet figured out how to set it up.

Thanks--

Annelise