Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:22:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/46694: Getting DUP packets when in Promiscous mode on wi0

>Number:         46694
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Getting DUP packets when in Promiscous mode on wi0
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD speedfreak 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #13: Sat Nov 16 23:52:22 CET 2002 nighty@speedfreak:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FREAK i386

 	Duplicate packets appear when either machine belonging to one session are in promiscous mode
        and using wi0 (Orinoco Gold 802.11b wireless cards in my case), this behaviour has also been
       observed on OpenBSD and NetBSD
>How-To-Repeat:
	Just put either side of the wireless link or cards connected to an AP in promiscous mode
	and ping the other machine that is also using a wireless card. the more machines are in promiscoui	 s mode the more DUP you get.