Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:39:27 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: antivirus with sendmail on FreeBSD

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 16:41 -0700, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> We're using AMaViS to virus-scan both inbound and outbound
> mail.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Only drawback is that it works as a ringmaster, coordinating
> other packages to actually manipulate the e-mail and do the
> scans.  Which means you have to get a real scanner.

At the same time this is an advantage:  You're free to use any
scanner you like.  And you can have five of them (plus your own
for applying criteria not only limited to virii, maybe?) scan the
message if you feel like doing so.  It's just about how much cpu
cycles you are willing to spend ...

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net