Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 15:12:30 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@consys.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_de.c ????

> While I rarely agree with dennis, he's dead on with this one.  I bought
> 30-40 de cards for my 25 or so servers, now only to find it apparently a
> dead-end driver, and the Intel card being the card-de-jour (or however
> that's spelled).
>
> And so I'll start purchasing intel cards, and 8 months from now, the
> Novell NE2000 cards will be the hot card to have.

It *is* a (mostly?) volunteer effort, and it appears from here in
the cheap seats that Matt got irritated at something or another, and no
longer desires to keep de current, for whatever reason.  The thing
I don't understand is why the cold shoulder given to the 211xxx
cards by Jordan and DG, among others.  So what if the cpu utilization
is higher?  These nics are cheap, and not sole source, IMHO a
real *good* thing.

Russell