Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:44:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, stable@FreeBSD.org, qa@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.2-BETA release candidate #1 ISO installation image available

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> I'm not waiting on anyone, I'm waiting on machine resources.  However,
> I believe the wait is over now since we have a 4100 sort of limping along
> and it doesn't seem to have fallen over in its release build yet.  Cross
> your fingers.

Huh? I had no idea you were waiting on resources. You should have said!

What do you mean 4100 limping along? What do you mean falling over? How? As
far as I know, it works just fine for 4.2 (5.0 is something different &&
broken)- it sure is working fine at NASA/Ames (I still haven't quite got
enough power to fire up the 4100 you loaned me- that should happen next
week).

How can I help? Should I drive out and assist? Can't until Monday- but could
do so then. Should I set up some auxillary machines for you to get to at
Feral? I can throw an XP1000 or PC164 at it for you. If you can help me if
'make release' fails I can also do some of this at Nasa Ames (can't let you
directly in, but I can use any one of an 8200, 4100, AlphaStation 600) to
build on- as I sort of said earlier I didn't do so until now because it was my
experience during 4.1 that I had problems myself running 'make release' and I
thought I'd leave it to the authors of that crime spree to work with it- but
if you've been blocked, I can marshal some time && resources to help.

-matt