Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 19:13:53 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Gustavo Vieira G C Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
Cc:        BSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0 stable

> sorry about this stupid question, but i heard that 3.0 stable are not so
> stable as 2.2.8

Don't believe everything you hear, or if you hear something and want
confirmation of a specific complaint then raise *that* as a question
in this forum.  Installing a 3.0 snapshot from releng3.freebsd.org has
not made any of my systems less stable, I can say that much, and much
of what has been touted as "instability" lately has more to do with
people upgrading from /usr/src and running over all the bumps of
trying to transition an a.out system to an ELF one in developer mode
with no seat belts.  Those that do binary upgrades from, or (more
recommended) clean installations of 3.1 will not suffer from those
problems.

- Jordan