Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 18:44:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tink <sdcannon@rain.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.com
Subject:   A helpful addition (I hope)

I am a computer fossil - date back to the days of the vacuum tubes - but
I am on a UNIX crash course...

I got FreeBSD from walnut creek, and proceeded to install on one of my
machines.  No problems, and I was truely impressed in the hardware
recognition capabilities which went without a hitch - you guys are really
turning out good stuff...

Two improvements for fossils that have no idea how to spell UN?X--

In the install.txt file make mention of where the handbook is located -
the handbook contains a wealth of information, some pertanent, some not,
but for me, it was extremely useful.

The documentation stops at the point that you ger "LOGIN:" - remembering
that I am a fossil, I am not privy to the standard logins that apparently
pervade the unix worls - I took off my business suit and put on my
propeller topped beenie and figgured it all out, but including a copy of
the password.db file in install.txt would save new naieve installers like
me many hours...

I hope at some future time to be a contributor... depends on the learning
curve...

Many thanks for a truely neet product - Steve - (aka tink)