Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:54:52 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The Source Code Control System

Hi there,

In my work as part of Mike Barcroft's team of people doing standards work
such as bringing utilities up to conformance, I decided to do necessary
bits to try to get SCCS in a form that could be brought into our source
tree.  As it is right now, I have a version of CSRG SCCS that mostly works
but lacks a few standards-related options, and I have framework to bring a
Public Domain C++ SCCS implementation into the build.

I'm looking for architectural feedback not on either of those however, I am
writing because a number of people have said they simply do not want any
SCCS stuff in the base system.  If the majority thinks this way, I will go
and remove src/usr.bin/{help,sccs} and abandon my efforts to bring something
into the source tree.

Thanks.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>                  FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Perception is prejudice / Don't classify me / Accept me as me / Not what you see