Date:      05 Jan 2003 13:23:19 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <khairil_yusof@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with netbeans

--=-V4uth5ie5cutgiJQHPWN

Netbeans runs fine on 4-stable at work but not at home on 5.0RC, I get
these errors when running runide.sh

daemon# ./runide.sh=20
expr: illegal option -- J
usage: expr [-e] expression
expr: illegal option -- J
usage: expr [-e] expression
expr: illegal option -- J
usage: expr [-e] expression
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:=20

Both are running jdk-1.3.1p7_2

Java is working on current:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.1-p7-kaeru-030105-00:05)
Classic VM (build 1.3.1-p7-kaeru-030105-00:05, green threads, nojit)

I'm not familiar with Java, I suspected the script (-J is an option for
jre) but after making sure the runide.sh script is the same on both
platforms, I'm at a lost to as to why it doesn't work on 5.0RC.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--=20

"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
Henry Spencer

--=-V4uth5ie5cutgiJQHPWN

--=-V4uth5ie5cutgiJQHPWN--