Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:02:07 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: objcopy: open objcopy failed: Text file busy

On Fri, 23 Sept 2022 at 10:44, Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:

> For a while now, when I do a "make buildworld" on -STABLE, if the /usr/ob=
j directory is not empty I will have the build error out with "objcopy: ope=
n objcopy failed: Text file busy" part way through.  It isn't ultimately fa=
tal, because I can just run the buildworld again and it will pick up where =
it left off.  As I say, it doesn't do this if /usr/obj is empty before runn=
ing buildworld.  It would be nice to have the incremental build complete al=
l in one go.

It looks like this is the same issue as PR 261215. I haven't had a
chance to look at it yet, and am not sure why it would have appeared
recently.