Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:29:29 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Howto create a FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 media? Where are the ISOs?

--------------enig24079D35FFAEC96A88BEE350

I'd like to create a installation medium or media of FreeBSD
10.0-CURRENT/amd64 as it is installed on my box with some of the most
important ports as a package.

I looked through the handbook - but the handbook seems hopelessly
outdated, even for FreeBSD 9.0/9.1.
I use subversion (svn) for both the /usr/src and /usr/ports, but the
advisory is still stuck with CVS.

At this very moment, it is priority for me to create a rescue
disc/dvd/cd/image with only the base system for rescue operations and a
larger set of media with a selection of ports I use and need at the lab.

I find it extraordinary hard to perform this task on the documentation I
can gather. As I said, the handbook doesn't cover subversion, which is
an issue if I want to "reuse" my /usr/obj and /usr/src which contain a
already successfully build release (I do not need the "clean" tree, I
suppose).

Do I miss something or is the doc really that aged?

I find myself a bit floating when I looked for snapshot images for
DVD/CD for rescue discs for FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64. I can not find
anything following the webpage www.freebsd.org! Most links with
"snapshot" or places like ISO-Images-XXXXX refere to some places with
year-2011 folders. Am I blind?

Well, for those who aren't in development but need rescue it is really a
pain not to find any type of 10.0-CURRENT snapshot. Where are they?

Regards and thanks for the patience,

Oliver