Date:      Fri, 15 Jul 2016 03:05:18 +0000
From:      "Nicholas Michael Gordon (nmgordon)" <nmgordon@memphis.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   EFI Framebuffer issue during FreeBSD 10.3 installation

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 10.3 on a Thinkpad T430s, and in two differen=
t boot images I'm seeing a problem where when the installer starts, I can o=
nly see the ncurses (?) framebuffer in a small portion at the top of my scr=
een. I've tried using safe mode, to no avail. Additionally, the screen does=
n't refresh; it leaves this information on the screen:

EFI framebuffer information:

addr, size 0x0, 0x0

dimensions 640x480

stride 640

masks 0x00ff0000 0x0000ff00 0x0000000ff 0xff000000

I can actually use the menus, the system is responsive. However, I can only=
 see the small portion at the top, which makes it impossible to actually pe=
rform the installation.

Any thoughts?

Nick G

nmgordon@memphis.edu