Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 22:39:53 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <dcross1@mail.nycap.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem resolutions...

Ok, I have mostly resolved both of my previous problems;

the first one was an issue with the kernel build bombing out on
'isa_devtab_cam[]", this
was fixed by doing a make world first (I normally build the kernel
first, then make world because
I remeber some problems other people have reported doing the reverse
order).

The second problem was regarding the wcd1 device not being discovered.
I resolved this by switching
master and slave on the cdrom, however, I still get the following error
when accessing the aformentioned
CDROM:
wcd1: i/o error, status=51<ready,opdone,check>, error=30

and the following are the related dmesg lines related to the type of the
drive:

wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <FX400E/K03>, removable, intr, iordis
wdc1: unit 1 (atapi): <WEARNES CDD-820/B1.0>, removable, dma, iordy

[unit 1 is the misbehaving device]

Any ideas on this?  (config file is identical as before)

--
David Cross
IMS UNIX Support