Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:08:51 EDT
From:      Bsdguru@aol.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4-port T1 PCI card with integrated csu/dsu

In a message dated 10/13/2001 2:51:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
phk@critter.freebsd.dk writes:

> >>  sbei.com has single-port PCI cards with on-board csu/dsu.  I could run
4
>  >or
>  >>  6 of those. and they support FreeBSD.
>
>  They also have a 4 port card which is supported by FreeBSD (but
discontinued)

>  and a new card which could trivially be modified to run under FreeBSDs
>  driver, but so far they have not sent me a card...
>
>  etinc is not recommendable.

Everyone knows that PHK has a grudge against etinc. How childish.

Their stuff is so superior to what stock freebsd has. One company i worked
for has 2 T3s load balanced and its doing traffic prioritization of 20K pps
on average with their integrated bandwidth manager. Its been up for months.
Lanmedia gear was choking on 1 T3 in the same machine.

dennis can be brusk, but he knows WAN better than anyone I've ever worked
with or for.

Bryan