Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:53:25 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Gary Howland <gary-daytime@hotlava.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RMI-IIOP JDK1.2

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:31:51PM -0000, Gary Howland wrote:
> Has anyone ported the RMI-IIOP patch for JDK1.2 for
> the FreeBSD JDK1.2?
>
> I ask, since this is essential for running EJB servers (JBoss)
> undeer JDK1.2.  WIthout this patch, we need to move to
> JDK 1.3
>
> I'll gladly help, if I can find the person to help get he
> sources from Sun etc.

Given that we can't release binaries at the moment, our options are pretty
much restricted to source released under the SCSL.  Unfortunately I can't
see any evidence of the RMI-IIOP code in the Solaris and Linux versions
of the JDK source code that Sun released under the SCSL :(.  The other
option would be to backport the code if you can find it in the SCSL'ed
1.3 source they've released.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494