Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:59:01 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam filters

On October 3, 2005 07:03 pm, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:48:22 +0300
> Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:02:36 +0200

> > des@des.no (Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav) wrote:

> > > Dspam is designed to work as a local delivery agent; all email
> > > addresses must map to a local user, and it delivers mail to an
> > > mbox file (though there are patches to make it work with
> > > maildir).  For more complex setups (IMAP server, virtual
> > > mailboxes / domains),

> Just to clarify:
> We've deployed a solution involving all above a week ago and some
> months ago I've helped a 40k domains setup for a hosting company.

I've just started researching dspam and am looking for ways to integrate=20
it into our mail gateway (FreeBSD 5.x box running Postfix, Amavisd-new,=20
SpamAssassing w/Pyzor and DCC, and ClamAV).  The gateway receives mail=20
for 15 domains and roughly 5000 accounts spread across those domains. =20
Handles about 250,000 messages per month, with maybe 35,000 of those=20
being legit.

I'll admit, I've only just begun reading through the docs online and=20
just picked up the Ending Spam book authored by the coder behind dspam,=20
so I haven't touched a lot of the info that's out there.

But, any pointers toward good documentation or example configs would be=20
greatly appreciated.
=2D-=20
=46reddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash@sd73.bc.ca               helpdesk@sd73.bc.ca