Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 13:13:44 +0200 (MDT)
From:      Christoffer Walther <chrw@proventum.net>
To:        Muditha Gunatilake <muditha@seychelles.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitions

Hello Muditha,

Make a symbolic link from /var/mail to the actual place where you store
the mail, in your case it could be the /home partition. Or simply add
a new disk to hold mailboxes, mailqueue etc. Its very easy to add a new
disk, just use the /stand/sysinstall custom option. If you prefer the
first alternative you should kill sendmail, mv /var/mail to /home/mail and
then "cd /var; ln -s /home/mail mail" . I wont recommend making /home
smaller and /var bigger. It will prob ruin all data on the partitions.

:-)

MVH,

Christoffer Walther
Unix Admin & Hostmaster