Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 17:05:56 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        vdvanham@xs4all.nl, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/40265: bootfloppies

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 04:02:14PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

> However, a grep through the Handbook shows that there are a number of
> places where we talk about boot.flp and mean kern.flp, and they should
> be fixed.

In fact the Installation chapter is ok on that point only the outdated
(and obscure) "12.9.8 Emergency Restore Procedure" section is wrong.
This section really have to be fixed/changed, last time i tried the
script it failed, and i used picobsd instead :)

Btw en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/backups should be removed, all was
merged in en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks

> In addition, we need to make sure this feedback reaches the authors, so
> it can be fixed in the next edition/noted on the website errata.

Of course, someone who owns the book should check it and do it.

Marc