Date:      Sun, 7 May 2017 12:21:57 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        jungle boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11 stable vagrant images: page fault

<jungleboogie0@gmail.com>:
>=20
> I'm using 11-stable Vagrant image from here:
> https://atlas.hashicorp.com/freebsd/boxes/FreeBSD-11.0-STABLE
> (tried 20th of April and 5th of April).
>=20
> Unfortunately, I can only get the VM to stay up for about 9 seconds, =
because it's in a constant reboot loop.
>=20
> This command will stop the reboot:
> VBoxManage setextradata stable_default_1494131864056_36337 =
"VBoxInternal/PDM/HaltOnReset" 1
>=20
> And when doing so, I see this failure:
> http://imgur.com/a/USHdB
>=20
> I can download 11-stable and 12-current vdh files and import those =
into virtualbox, resulting in those not crashing.
> 11-stable is from the 20th of April.

Out of curiosity, can you try: =
https://atlas.hashicorp.com/stblassitude/boxes/freebsd-11

I was unhappy with the official images, so I=E2=80=99m building my own.  =
On my Mac, I can run my image (including the latest freebsd-update =
patches), without problems.

The main difference in my image is that the freebsd-update patches are =
already rolled into the image, so there=E2=80=99s no reboot cycle with =
vagrant up.  I=E2=80=99m updating the image every couple of weeks.  The =
packer config is at https://github.com/stblassitude/packer-freebsd

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811