Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:41:01 -0700
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Raising PTYs

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 06:52:45AM -0400, Otter wrote:
> There was something on -questions or -stable in the last week or so regarding this. IIRC, it had to do with viewing it in an xterm. I remember someone talking about using mutt under a screen. Try searching the archives for "screen" as that was in the topic.
> -Otter

OK, I searched this down a bit, and mostly found a lot of 'me toos' with no
real solutions. The problem is, I am seeing this in both xterm and SecureCRT.
However, I can, somewhat, reprodoce it.

It shows up in Mutt if you have in your .muttrc:

set sort=threads

If I take that out, mutt is fine... But I no longer see threads, only
individual messages. As one of the key reasons I use Mutt is for threads...
I also see it in SLRN. The characters that are seeming to cause the problems
are what is used for lines and arrows, whcih I believe are from high ASCII
if I recall my BBS days correctly.

Someone did suggest replacing FreeBSD's ncurses with a better one, and
I am researching this path, but I would like to see if we can get a role
call of people who can reproduce this. If you are running screen 3.9.8,
and have Mutt installed, try turning on threading and see how it reacts
for you?

Thanks!

Jamie