Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 1996 12:42:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@freebsd.org

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Michael Hancock wrote:

> > >All in all, for compatability, an NTFS would be a better choice,
> > >since FreeBSD is currently very Intel specific anyway.
> >
> > I think I'd rather we went with JFS rather than NTFS, just on general principle. :)
>
> Considering that on a PC I'm more likely to mount a NTFS partition than a
> JFS partition I'd rather see a FreeBSD NTFS -- and one that kicks NT's
> NTFS.

I agree -- it may be a Microsoft thing, but then again we've already sold
our souls to Intel (who isn't much better tha MS IMHO)..  I dual boot
between NT and FreeBSD on my two machines at home, and the same is true
for about 15 machines where I work..

I think NTFS support in FreeBSD would be super -- at least the ability to
mount NTFS partitions so we can move data between the two file systems
(FFS and NTFS)

just my 2 cents,
-Mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch