Date:      1 Oct 2003 20:39:39 -0000
From:      00005048@no-id.com
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org

Hello,

  After upgrading to gnome-2.4.0 on my 4.9-PRERELEASE machine, I noticed that mozilla/firbird/galeon2 browsers started becoming unresponsive after the keybord input. However, this behaviour would only continue for about 1 minute and everything will be fine again, until the next browser startup.

  Also at the same time the browser application would  try to connect to TCP port 80 on localhost.  As I found out this port is usually used by esound daemon, which wasn't running at the time. I'm using the latest versions of the esound, and its dependencies.

 For now, the workaround was to deinstall esound, which breaks a lot of gnome packages. I did try to load esd daemon, but it seems to abort after the every connection, requiring restart.

 Anyway can anyone else reproduce this, and if so, is this being worked on ?

This message has been sent via an anonymous mail relay at www.no-id.com.