Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:53:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "David E. Tweten" <tweten@frihet.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC Card SCSI for 2.2 Stable?

> I may have just (okay, several weeks ago) wasted my money buying an Adaptec
> SlimSCSI PCMCIA HBA card.  I've been unable to get it to work on a FreeBSD
> system, CVSupped from RELENG_2_2 about a week ago.

The patches to make it work aren't in any version of 'FreeBSD' right
now, although there has been recent interest.  The patches to make it
work are part of the PAO release however.  (Note, even if the patches
are brought in, they certainly won't be in 2.2.5).

> The card is now temporarily in the hands of a co-worker who wants to try it
> out with NetBSD.  He maintains my problem is bogus behavior on the part of
> FreeBSD. He says Card Services in FreeBSD should just have mapped the one
> actual interrupt line on a PC card to whatever host interrupt it wished from
> the pool, ignoring the CIS.

The card simply isn't support with the current drivers, so your friend
is neither right nor wrong.

Nate