Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:38:17 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KSE usage, and one forgotten item (PC98)

Okay, from -CURRENT fetched at approximately 1320 CDT today, buildworld/installworld were successful, building the kernel was
successful, booting failed with the following [copied by hand]:

trap 12: page fault in kernel mode

cpuid = 1  lapic id = 01000000
virt. addr = 0x0
code = supervisor read, page not present
ip = 0x8:0xc0231aa6
sp = 0x10:0xd073db10
fp = 0x10:0xd073db48
cs = base = 0x0  limit = 0xfffff   type = 1b
      dpl = 0x0   pres = 1   def32 = 1   gran = 1
eflags = interrupt enable, resume, IOPL = 0

proc = 156 (nfsd)
trap 12
panic: page fault
boot cpu#1
synching disks: panic: bdwrite: buffer not busy

I am using a Tyan S1696-DLUA SMP Mobo with 512M RAM and dual Pent-II/333 CPUs

Julian Elischer wrote:

> I'm wondering how many people have tried running -current with the
> KSE-2 changes in it. I've had only one minor bug report so far.
> (which is either good or bad depending on wheterh it means
> "it all works" or "No-one is using it"....)
>

> Peter reminded me that we haven't changed the pc98 files for
> netgraph. In nearly all cases the changes will be identical to those
> in the i386 files but we have no way of testing them..
>
> If a pc98 person can contect me I can help convert anything that is
> required to make it work again.

jim
--
     ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!