Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:31:51 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RELEASE pccard?

John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com> probably said:
> When you do this in 4.1.1, do you already have an 'ed0' device in
> your machine? The PAO example shows 'ed0' as the device while 4.1.1
> shows ed1. I'm currently having problems with any 4.1.1 kernel
> probing my two ed cards incorrectly (I get ed1 but not ed0), I just
> haven't had time to debug it. Hopefully tonight I can back out the
> if_ed.c file to the last RELENG_4 commit and see if that fixes my
> problem.

One of my standard procedures for 4.* laptops is to change any ethernet
lines from, say;
  device         ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
  device         ed

Then all the device names seem to be right and start at 0.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu