Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:58:29 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Known MMAP() race conditions ... ?

I wish to make one thing perfectly clear here, or, rather, a couple of
things.  None of this thread was started as a 'slam session' against
*anyone* out there...

To those that have responded privately that "they are experiencing the
problem too", without a better way of saying it...that helps absolutely
noone.  If you are experiencing the same problem, voice it to the list.
Right now, there are only a few of us that I know of, and, compared to the
"grand scheme of things", that isn't even a pebble on a beach.

Personally, I'm at a disadvantage to debug this, as my baby is 2.5k
kilometers away from me :(  She's on a serial console, through a
portmaster, that doesn't appear to have any way of allow me to break into
DDB...but, even so, I'm spending as much time as possible following
directions from those that appear to want to do more then just tell me to
run Linux for an INN server *sigh*

A few weeks ago, one admin posted a quick C program that, if you ran and
ctl-c'd from it several times, would cause the machine to hang...can
someone resend that out?  I'll use it on my machine at home to test
4.0-CURRENT, and I have a machine at the offiec running 3.2-STABLE to test
on...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org