Date:      Sat, 07 Apr 2001 12:29:44 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org, joerg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPP encapsulation

This framing is only required for passing ppp packets over
asynchronous transports.  Something the sppp (stands for
*synchronous* ppp) device doesn't do AFAIK.

So yes, tearing out the code would probably be a good thing IMHO.

I've cc'd Joerg in case I'm talking out my ass - I believe he wrote
sppp originally :-)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>