Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:44:07 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@www.svzserv.kemerovo.su>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5-STABLE softupdates brokeness: repeated panics and lockups

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 11:25:21PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > The RAM... I'm not sure I know The Right Way.
> > It's production server, however, it is not heavily loaded, especially today.
> Swap it out with other RAM or remove it a bank at a time and see if it
> fixes the problem.

Well, this is hard. I have no other RAM. I can try to remove of banks.
But first I'll try to run 'make -jN buildworld' with some big N.
My experience show that it's very low probability to finish such world
building with bad memory.

> I forgot to mention that you should also check you're not trying to
> load stale kernel modules.  They will also often give page faults if
> you load old modules into a new kernel.

My modules and current kernel are both of 1 March, 11:00 and 11:49,
respectedly. Modules are build with world and right kernel after that
using 'make buildkernel'.

Eugene Grosbein