Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:49:08 +0200
From:      Jos Chrispijn <jos@webrz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPU info

Roland Smith wrote:
> sysutils/mbmon

On one of my computers it crashes my system. What I found about this on
the Web:

This is a X/tty motherboard monitor which supports LM78/79, WINBond
83781D/83782D/83783S, ASUS 991227F, and VIA VT82C686A/B PC-health
chips via 3 methods: ISA-I/O, SMBus, VIA-direct.

***CAUTION***

These programs access to the SMBus or the ISA-IO port directly under
the superuser privilege, so it may cause a system crash.  Please test
"mbmon -d" or "xmbmon -debug" first.

thanks for sharing,
Jos