Date:      Thu, 18 May 1995 23:22:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        babkin@hq.icb.chel.su (Serge A. Babkin)
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.org, steve@simon.chi.il.us, martin@victor.innovus.com
Subject:   Re: Fix for 3C509 (ep) driver

> Review please this patch (and commit it if you think it's OK).
> It does:
>
> 1. Card is normally initialized after warm reboot from DOS. This
>    part of patch is written by Steven E. Piette <steve@simon.chi.il.us>
>
>    Now it has no kdc_...(I forgot what exactly)... hook that is called
>    on system halt because I'm still running 950210-SNAP what doesn't
>    have this hook.
>
> 2. Card works OK with "plug-n-play" mode enabled too (ISA cards only).
>    I'm not shure about EISA autoconfiguration procedure so I didn't
>    changed it.
>
> Perhaps the same changes should be done with Netboot, but I don't have
> its recent version.
>
> The patch is:

I don't have any problem with this patch, but would like to ask that
you try to find at least 3 other sites running on the if_ep code and
ask them to test this out to make sure we do not break any of the
other boards suported by this driver.  Also for future reference
*please* do not patch the $Id$ strings, I sure as heck down show
a version 1.14 checked into cvs by root, as root is not allowed to
check files in on Freefall.  I now don't have an easy way to verify
what FreeBSD version of this file the patch is against :-( :-( :-(.

Also patching the Rcs $Id$ may do strange things to cvs diff down
the road, I am not quite just what value ends up stored in the
rcs file when you do this (I need to go look, I have seen problems
here before).