Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:07:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        dfr@rabson.org
Cc:        gnn@freebsd.org, xcllnt@mac.com, re@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSEC/crypto is broken in FreeBSD/powerpc 7.0-RELEASE!

In message: <57AF36D8-0F83-4DF8-BEAA-CF3B59EAA361@rabson.org>
            Doug Rabson <dfr@rabson.org> writes:
:
: On 4 Mar 2008, at 15:36, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > In message: <9299FBBE-F58A-4107-991D-1C851EB8802C@rabson.org>
: >            Doug Rabson <dfr@rabson.org> writes:
: > : I can't see the code which adds this device on a first look. Can you
: > : tell me the filename and I'll take a quick look at it.
: >
: > The problem actually turns out to be in how the powerpc nexus does
: > things.  It does them in a very un-nexus-like way.  The nexus attached
: > drivers ask for hardware details, which isn't done elsewhere.  This
: > means when you mix and match the ones that expect to be explicitly set
: > and the ones that don't that you run into trouble.
: >
: > This needs to be reworked.
:
: Perhaps the crypto stuff should add itself to root0 instead of nexus.

I think that would cause other problems...

Warner