Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:47:34 +0100
From:      Tom Servo <tomservo@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   buildkernel with gcc-3.0.1

Hi!

I installed gcc-3.0.1 this afternoon and recompiled the kernel with it
instead of gcc-2.95.3 which will be installed with FreeBSD 4.4. Does it
bring any improvement? Or does it have disadvantages (since gcc-3.0.1
was tagged "in progress" or so)? As I noticed the kernel grew slightly,
but atm it looks stable to me (2 hrs right now :)

Anyone who would not recommend using gcc-3.0.1?

Thanks for any tips.

/tso